Heather Victoria Held : 2 Day ' The Enchanted Letter '
REGISTRATION BEGINS SATURDAY MAY 27TH @ 11AM HKT
This workshop is an exploration in designing and decorating a contemporary illuminated letter. The letters are based on a rounded script alphabet and transformed into meandering ribbons or graceful leaves. The student will be guided through the pencil design stage of their own unique letter as well as decorative foliate extension. The design can be embellished with a simply 23K gilding technique or gold gouache. Pointed pen flourishes are added to the design, which is further embellished with colour. The final design is evocative of the graceful capital letters found in Victorian illustrated books. Knowledge of the pointed pen as well as any rounded script alphabet is very helpful in this class although an exemplar will be provided.What's included:
- Zera G Nib & Gillott 404
- McCaffery Brown Ink
- Daniel Smith Watercolor Dot Cards
- Sakura Gelly Roll (Clear Stardust)
- Pipette for ink & water
- Tomoe River Paper
- Folder with Notes
What to bring (REQUIRED) :
- Straight holder
- Graph Paper
- Mechanical Pencil (any size lead)
- 4B Pencil , Ruler & Eraser
- Arches 140 lb Hot Pressed Watercolor Paper cut down to 5'' x 7'' pieces ( bring at least 6 pieces to class)
- Gilding Stage:
- IF you want to gild your letter with 23K gold, you will need 1 sheet of gold leaf, small scissors, small round ball stylus and your favourite gilding medium. Heather prefers Miniatum Ink Gold
- IF NOT, Finetec gold watercolours or any gold gouache
- Color Stage:
- Very small pointed round brushes in sizes 000,00,0,1. Heather prefers Rosemary and Co. Kolinsky sable brushes Series 33, but any small synthetic brushes will also work.
- Any good artist's quality watercolour pencils - Heather likes Staedtler Aquarelle / Faber Castell Polychromos.
- Note taking supplies
- Paper Towels
Date: Saturday Aug 12th AND Sunday Aug 13th
Price: $3,300 HKD
Time: 10 - 5 PM (with a 1 hr lunch break)
Location: 11/F Nam Hing Fong. 39 Yiu Wa Street. Causeway Bay, HK
*Once registration and payment has been made, the workshop fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. In case of emergencies or last minute changes, feel free to transfer your seat to someone else on your own accord.